Friday, May 8, 2009

Feature Sister


Rebekah (Becky) Engel


What is your current calling?  SSF Ward Relief Society President

Where were you born?  San Francisco

Where did you grow up?  San Francisco

Do you have any children?  Ages?  I have 3 children.  All are grown with families … don’t know if they want me to give out their ages.  I have 9 grandchildren ages 1 -21.

Favorite Food:  Chinese Fried Rice

Hobby/Interests or favorite pastime?  I love to be outside.  I love to swim in the ocean but don’t get to very often.  I enjoy walking at the beach, reading (outside when I can), sewing, some crafts, and being with my grandchildren when possible.

Are you married?  Divorced about 100 years ago.

Tell us about your schooling and education:  Graduated from the University of Texas; BA in Psychology with Teaching Certification.

Favorite Flower:  Carnation

Favorite Color:  Yellow

Did you serve a mission?  Yes, 22 years raising my kids!!

When were you baptized?  Baptized at age 8 by my father, confirmed by my grandfather.

Favorite Candy:  Black Licorice (has to be the right kind)

Favorite Dessert:  Vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup

Favorite Movie Star:  John Wayne

Favorite Movie:  Out of Africa

Favorite Church Hymn:  The Morning Breaks

Favorite calling you have had:  Stake Relief Society President

Do you play a musical instrument?  Piano, organ, violin (a long time ago)

What is your DREAM vacation?  I think I have been on it already.  Safari in West Africa although I’d like to go again.

What is your biggest dream?  To grow old with good health in the company of my family and live long enough to see all my grandchildren married and sealed in the temple.

What is your biggest achievement?  Having my children all married and sealed in the temple.

Do you work?  Yes, full-time.  I’m CFO/Office Manager for a group of corporations in the skateboard industry.  That psychology degree comes in handy!

What is your ideal job or the most favorite job you have had?  I like most being a full-time mom.

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?  A mommy, more than anything else in the world!

No comments: